Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hope list from April 2005


What do I want to see You do? April 22, 2005

God…
*I want to see You change my mind about things that I can’t change my mind about on my own.
*I want to grow in the fruits of the Spirit
*I want to walk by faith and not by sight
*I want to be a real human and not idolize my insignificance.
*I want to see You move in my dearly loved ones lives. I want to see You pour out Your healing, wholeness, love, grace, peace and abundant life. I know that You are the Only source of that good. I know it is You IN me that desires this so much and it is about all I can handle sometimes. This must be one of your “handcrafted” empty places. Thank You for putting it there so I will seek You.
*I want You to use me to spread the truth about You, I want to look like You because I’ve been with You.
*I want the gospel to be attractive in me
*I want to hear Your voice better and obey more in faith believing that You are going to do something.
*I want to balance my time here as a mom/wife/friend/daughter/writer/truth speaker/encourager/God lover better.
*I want you to bust through my defenses and get up close and personal with me.
*I want You to affirm Your love to me.
*I want You to take my husband to his next “God level".
*I want my boys to find You at an early age, learn to trust You, and believe the truth in Your word. I want them to know who You really are, instead of hanging onto a graven image of who they think You are. I want them to find power to overcome their weaknesses and strength to obey Your voice and whatever You call them to do. I want them to know You as their awesome unfailing dad. I want You to remove the things that block them from receiving You, remove the obstacles. God keep me faithful to pray for them without ceasing.
* I want my girl to use the faith that you have given to her at such a young age and see You move in her life as a little girl. I want her to have a childhood legacy of God movement. I want You to be BIG to her, and meet all of her needs. I want her to remember the times You have specifically answered her prayers. I want her to sense Your protection and gifts to her. God, encourage her and develop her in a way that will make her into a huge threat to the kingdom of darkness and that will bring You so much glory in her lifetime.
* Help me to break down the barriers that I have to excellent friendship. Help me to trust You with me as I open up to people around me.
* Help me to discover the awesome gift of repentance. Help it to be a regular part of my life. Help me to regularly shed the yuck off of me so that I can walk unhindered.
* Just let me be an instrument of Your peace where it wouldn’t normally exist.

No comments: